- If the past is prologue, then George R. R. Martin’s masterwork—the most inventive and entertaining fantasy saga of our time—warrants one hell of an introduction. At long last, it has arrived with The World of Ice & Fire.
- This lavishly illustrated volume is a comprehensive history of the Seven Kingdoms, providing vividly constructed accounts of the epic battles, bitter rivalries, and daring rebellions that lead to the events of A Song of Ice and Fire and HBO’s Game of Thrones. In a collaboration that’s been years in the making, Martin has teamed with Elio M. García, Jr., and Linda Antonsson, the founders of the renowned fan site Westeros.org—perhaps the only people who know this world almost as well as its visionary creator.
- Collected here is all the accumulated knowledge, scholarly speculation, and inherited folk tales of maesters and septons, maegi and singers, including• full-color artwork and maps, with more than 170 original pieces
• full family trees for Houses Stark, Lannister, and Targaryen
• in-depth explorations of the history and culture of Westeros
• 100% all-new material, more than half of which Martin wrote specifically for this book
- The definitive companion piece to George R. R. Martin’s dazzlingly conceived universe, The World of Ice & Fire is indeed proof that the pen is mightier than a storm of swords.
Check Out What Readers Said about Kindle/eBook!
“Great book for delving deeper into the world of Westros. If you like GoT and the lore in the story this is a book for you. Written almost as a textbook it lends more background to the story.” By Jacob
“Loved reading the “backstory” of GoT. The book is full of the history of the 7 kingdoms and has fantastic illustrations. Its written from a maesters point of view so it a little off but if your into GoT I believe it is a must read! Book is also very large- coffee table book for sure.” By Mark Robichau
Kindle Price: Hardcover $29.99, Audible $21.45
Hardcover: 336 pages
Publisher: Bantam; 1st edition (October 28, 2014)
Product Dimensions: 9.3 x 1.4 x 12.1 inches
Shipping Weight: 4.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars (1,550 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,384 in Books